Is your CV or resume what’s
actually holding you back?
Professional CV writing could help if you feel your CV is weak. I give personal help. If you’re going in circles, call me. Or read how I can help you here.
CV or resume writing – doing it yourself – can be a pain. You may not get it right. And it may cost you job interviews. So, I can help. I’m a professional CV writer / professional resume writer – and I’ll use my experience in sales, as a sales copywriter, job search coach and corporate recruiter to do that. But I’m not just any professional CV writer…
In this video below here, I explain my unique [DIS] RUUPT (TM) set of principles I use to make a difference for you.
GET PERSONAL HELP FROM ME:
If you need personal CV/ Resume / LinkedIn.com profile help – urgently – contact me directly. I’ll take your call myself, I’ll answer your questions. I’m on +27 83 744 5454 (mobile & Whatsapp) or email@example.com. I don’t care what time it is. It’s important.
The Secret No-one Ever Tells You About Your CV
No-one will EVER tell you! Agents especially will often rather leave you to sweat blood in your job hunt … instead of telling you: “Hey, do something about your CV. It’s your first impression. Here’s what to do, here’s how.” It’s not because they’re bad people. They often just don’t know how to help and don’t have time. So they say nothing.
But the truth is: your CV is likely holding you back.
Your CV may look like a million others. You may look average. You may even look long winded and ‘past your sell-by date.‘ So you get little or no response. You’re just not making an impact.
This, when in fact, your CV could be getting “WOWs.” Sending a razor sharp message. Shining the light on the “brilliant YOU” (you are brilliant, you are unique – we’ll figure out how/why together and then we’ll put it on show in your CV).
Your CV has one job:
… it should be landing you more interviews, more job offers, more often.
Which of These 7 CV Points
Do You Say “That’s Me” To?
- Your CV is outdated, it’s stale, you’re not proud to send it out.
- You just want personal, specialist CV help. You have better things to do.
- You’re too busy for the agony of writing it yourself?
- You have a unique situation requiring a more innovative approach?
- You’re just not getting your message across with a ‘cookie-cutter’, ‘typical’, ‘average’, ‘template’ type CV approach?
- You’re having trouble putting your ‘brilliance’ into words.
- You need to discuss your CV with a specialist, someone who’s done their “10 000” hours – or maybe “20 000” in career and CV matters.
If you need help, I’m here for you. I’ve done 20 000 hours writing CVs and recruiting people for major corporations. I analyse every word of your CV. I write every word. And I’ve been doing it for 10 years, since 2002. They call it professional CV writing, but it’s personal to me.
GET PERSONAL HELP:
If it’s urgent, call or e-mail me now: Ph +27 83 744 5454 (mobile and Whatsapp) or firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ll be happy to take your call any time. Our first step in engaging is a quick personal discussion about your CV, what problems you’re having, what you’re applying for, what you need your CV to achieve, what my approach would be. You can either take the advice and apply it yourself. Or enlist me.
Professional CV Writing:
This is How I Can Help
You need more job interviews and more job offers, right? Yep, you just want it to happen, you NEED it to happen. Fast. But what are you doing differently to get that different result? Are you willing to be bolder? Are you willing to do what other’s aren’t?
Here’s what I see from my clients, most often: CVs and resumes that are largely boring. They kinda all look the same. They have no ‘zing’. They’re not giving their ‘owners’ the promotional ‘punch’ they deserve. The thing is this… your CV (and online profile – think LinkedIn) is your first impression. It can be a powerful, hard-hitting document that bashes down doors of opportunity for you. OR it can make you look really average – perhaps with a long, drawn out job hunt the direct result. Ouch!
So, having your CV writing and online presence done by a professional often is a great help. You cut a lot of frustration. And you end up with a more professional document that gets better, quicker results for you.
But not all professional CV writing is made equal. Some – dare I say, most? – are just typing services. Now, there’s a real need for that. At some level. But you may want more? Perhaps you want some personal engagement to discuss your situation? You want some strategic input? Help around what message the CV sends, how it positions you, what differentiates you, how to handle awkward situations (like how you spent the last year as a vegan in Thailand, doing yoga and living in a hippie commune)?
Okay, so that’s where I help.
Here’s why my professional Premium CV writing service may be a good choice for you:
I write Curriculum Vitae’s for Managing Directors, Professionals, CEO’s, and Engineers from all sorts of backgrounds – so I’m confident I can help you too. Here’s a quick look at my profile:
- I have a background in corporate recruiting (for Old Mutual, Shell, Caltex, Deloitte and more), am a student of advertising copywriting and sales (these are critical skills in the CV writing process.)
- My job hunting and CV advice has been published on Career Junction, PNet, and IOL. And in Financial Mail, Business Day, The Star Workplace, The Argus Job Shop and I’ve been interviewed on SAfm, 702 Talk Radio and 567 Cape Talk, and Radio 2000.
- I make a living writing CVs that sell. I don’t delegate the work. I don’t use a one size-fits-all template. I work with you personally to get your CV just right (ie give you the competitive edge, make you look really good, help you make an impact with employers, and ultimately get the job.) Read testimonials to the right here ==>>
- And I guarantee my work: I will work on your CV until it gets results for you. And if after 6 weeks of using your new CV there’s no significant increase in job interviews (unlikely!) let’s discuss, I’ll support you, I’ll do whatever I can to assist.
This may not be for you.
This is for your protection. And mine:
- If you’re looking for something old school,
- with your name in big bold type and in scrolls,
- that begins with your “Personal Details,”
- followed by your “Secondary School Details,”
- a CV that has long lists of your “Responsibilities”
… then my service may NOT be right for you.
- if you’re willing to step outside your comfort zone,
- if you feel it’s time to ‘push the envelope’ in your efforts to market yourself,
- if you’re willing to take a bolder, fresher, more to-the-point approach in which you distinguish yourself (in a competitive and cluttered job market, not a bad idea!);
- if you view yourself as a ‘business’; if you want to present yourself as a ‘business solution’ to a company (whether you’re a PA or CEO) – even though you’re employed
… then you’re the kind of person I enjoy dealing with.
Expert CV Writing / Resume Writing
Here’s what you’ll get when you enlist me to write your CV as part of my professional CV writing service:
- My service offers you a strategic CV – where we go deeply into your background, skills and achievements in order to present the very best information to help take your career forward.
- I’ll sort through pages and pages of your past experience, reference letters, testimonials, job descriptions, personality profiles and performance appraisals and deciding what could be used to make a big impression in your CV.
- I’ll distill all that information into 2 or 3 pages that represent the best of you – the content most likely to get favorable attention and response.
- And if you request it, I’ll do a review of your online presence – for eg. revamping your LinkedIn profile showcasing what reason an employ has to get you on-board.
Key features include:
- An analysis of performance appraisals and personality or psychological profiles – with a view to including information that adds credibility to your profile.
- Every word on the page is carefully considered and every sentence re-written to simplify and ensure a ‘punchy’ easily scanable read that makes an impact.
- In addition to that, I’ll identify any negative situations in your career and with you decide on a strategy to minimize the possible damage in perception these situations can create if not handled with care.
- We’ll also delve a little into what surrounds your professional life – your interests and personal achievements – these can often provide a freshness and interest to a sometimes dry document.
- Something else I spend a lot of time on is to come up with a clear, powerful value statement. This kind of statement provides a short, sharp, effective insight into your skill and value and importantly the benefit you provide. It conveys focus and clarity of thought on your part to a reader.
- I do background research, for example into companies you’ve worked for (who’s trusted you before?), or companies you want to work for (what do they value most?) and of course into technical terminology (to keep it simple).
- A key consideration is to be concise and to the point. This requires extensive work on my end to be brief but to still convey depth of experience and value.
- You also have access to me to help guide you in your job hunt – regarding cover letters (I’ll edit yours or even write it), what works in the job market, how to answer tough interview questions, what to expect and how to deal with the many challenges the market presents.
Professional CV Writing:
Pricing & Ordering
I don’t offer a cheap service here – there are enough other services where they kinda rehash, tidy up and reformat your existing CV, perhaps with a few new bits (make no mistake, there’s a real need for this kind of service). On the other hand I work with people who are more serious about their careers and who want more personal help. My clients are looking for a more strategic approach, something more international, more concise and punchy, branded and visual. They want their value to really stand out. They want innovative. Bold.
So, I have 3 options for us to work together:
- Option 1-LOCAL (South Africa): if you’re South African (wherever you’re based).
- Option 2-INTERNATIONAL: if you’re non-South African (wherever you are).
- Option 3-EXECUTIVE: if you feel you need the ‘full monty’, all I have to give you.
Here’s some more detail:
Option 1) LOCAL and 2) INTERNATIONAL
(CV / Resume and LinkedIn profile):
This is for you if you’d like me to write your CV / resume and LinkedIn profile.
- me engaging with you to understand what you need
- me collecting the very best information from you, asking the right questions
- me understanding what direction you’re going in, what you have to offer
- me analysing all your info and figuring out how to present what
- me introducing little innovations and fresh ideas to try to differentiate you
- me figuring out what may be attractive to the AT Systems (ATS), search engines
- me personally writing, designing and preparing a draft for discussion
- me making corrections, refinements, suggesting possible further enhancements
- me working with you one-on-one until you’re happy and get a job
- me helping you with some cover letter templates and personally editing them for you
- OUTPUT: CV in PDF, MS Word (whatever you need), LinkedIn profile
I’ll also send you a bunch my written job search advice – interviews, job search strategies, what works, what doesn’t in landing that next job. Some of it has been published in leading newspapers, financial and business journals. I’ve also shared it on many radio stations.
Option 3 – EXECUTIVE
With this option you get all of the above (see “Option 1”). But I give you more attention and provide all services – your CV, your LinkedIn profile, SEO optimisation, cover letters, advice on the job market and posting your CV to job boards, job interview support, etc.
My executive clients are: top professionals, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, and senior management figures in the private and public sectors – you get the picture? Obviously, quality is of utmost importance. If you fit this category, your professional CV writer needs to understand your world and have the ability to articulate the words and create a document that positions you well. That takes time. And it’s not everybody who is able to offer the kind of expertise these top performing, high-profile people (you?) need.
Pricing and Ordering:
I used to list my pricing here. I don’t anymore. Why not? Because then other professional CV writing companies see my pricing, think that they can also charge what I charge. The thing is this – they don’t do what I do. So you pay premium, but end up getting a product that although tidy, is hardly better or different to what you already have. “Standard Template” type stuff. Perhaps you’re here looking for more?
Here’s how to get started:
- Send me your existing CV (even if it’s in bad shape, that’s okay)
- We’ll have a helpful call. We’ll discuss your situation and possible solutions
- I’ll explain what my approach would be to writing your CV or resume
- I’ll send you my service details and pricing. Then you can decide if I have what you need.
Send to email@example.com. Or call / Whatsapp me on +27 83 744 5454. Or get hold of me on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/gerardleroux1). Then wait for my contact – I try to be quick, prod me on Whatsapp if I’m not.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: 1) Please note that due to high demand I cannot offer a same-day service. When I make contact we will discuss your time constraints and I’ll discuss timing and turnaround. 2) I do not offer refunds – I put a lot of work in and I want you to take this seriously – I will work on your project until you succeed. 3) I also DO NOT guarantee you’ll land a job with the new CV. All the testimonials you see on this site and on my LinkedIn page are real and unsolicited. So, why no guarantee? Well… there’s more to getting a job than a CV. I see some CV writing companies giving guarantees of success. Oh, please… we all know they can’t guarantee an outcome. There are too many factors involved. Your CV may be great, but you’re just not a fit for their company culture; the hiring manager may be looking for a long-legged blonde (it happens, true story), and you’re just a vivacious brunette; you may give the ‘wrong answer’ to some HR interviewer’s pet (and pathetic) trick interview question… this stuff happens, and it’s all outside of your and my control. HERE’S WHAT I DO GUARANTEE, however: I’ll be there for you to discuss your situation anytime – tough interview questions, situations you’re facing, your job search strategy. I’ll do all I can to help.
Read on for some more info on CV writing.
Writing Your Own CV is a Tough Job
You’ve probably spent many hours on it. Somehow, writing your CV (and getting it right) is just one of those really awkward, difficult things to do. You agonise over the details:
- “What do I include?” “What do I exclude?” “Is it too long or too short?”
- “How can I convey my true value as a person?”
- “What’s the right format?”
- “How can I sell myself without sounding arrogant?”
Or you may just be saying, “I don’t have time for this!!”
It can be confusing and time consuming.
Mike is perhaps a typical example:
He decided to find a new job. So he made a few calls in answer to adverts and all he heard was “send your CV”. In a hurry he sat down in his lunch break to quickly update his CV – and he got stuck! He seemed to go around in circles – not knowing quite how to phrase things, or how to present himself so he would stand out. He ended up shelving it. And 3 months down the line, it was the same all over again.
Like Mike, many get stuck trying to deal with stuff like this:
- They’ve got a lot of diverse experience/expertise and if they include it all their CV will go to something like 10 pages or more. Or they may be totally new to the job market.
- They’ve had 3 jobs in the last 2 years.
- They’ve had 40 years work experience.
- They’re changing career and need to break into a new field.
Getting it right is complicated! Frustrating. Difficult. And you can add the problems of getting the word processing, spelling, and grammar right. Also the understanding of how a Curriculum Vitae gets read and the psychology of the reader.
So sometimes it’s the best choice to get professional help. It can be a turning point in your search for a better job. Your CV can literally bash down doors of opportunity OR just get you lost in the crowd.
CV Writing Benefits I Promise to Help You Get
- Your CV will be concise, clear – not cluttered with too much information.
- Your CV will sell you as a ‘brand’ – someone who delivers a specific benefit.
- Your CV will be ‘different’ – more professional and crafted to grab attention.
- Your CV will reflect a little of who you are – why you’re special.
- Your CV will be easy to read, easy to scan and after just half a page the reader will know what you can deliver and why you’re a great candidate.
- Your CV will smooth the way for better more focussed interviews. Yes, here’s a often forgotten fact: all the way through the hiring process your CV paves the way before you. It sets the tone. It can mean the difference between being treated positively and being treated as “just another candidate.”
Ok. That’s it. See the ordering instructions above to take it further or just contact me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional CV Writing WARNINGS!
If you’re considering a professional CV writing service then here are just a few additional considerations for you to think on – I’ll call them “CV Health Warnings.”
CV Writing Testimonials
What others have said about my CV writing services.
CV Writing Tests
Test how good and effective your existing CV is.