Is your CV or resume what’s holding you back?
CV or “resume” writing – doing it yourself – can be a pain. You may not get it right. And it may cost you job interviews. The very thing you need. I can give you personal help, using my experience as a copywriter, job search coach, and corporate recruiter. I’m here to help.
GET PERSONAL HELP FROM AN EXPERT:
If you need personal CV/ Resume / LinkedIn.com profile help – urgently – contact me directly. I’ll take your call myself, I’ll answer your questions. I’m on +27 83 744 5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I don’t care what time it is. It’s important.
The Secret No-one Ever Tells You About Your CV
No-one will EVER tell you! Agents especially will often rather leave you to sweat blood in your job hunt … instead of telling you: “Hey, do something about your CV. It’s your first impression. Here’s what to do, here’s how.”
It’s not because they’re bad. They often just don’t know how to help and don’t have time. So they say nothing.
But the truth is: your CV is likely holding you back.
Your CV may look like a million others. You may look average. You may even look long winded and ‘past your sell-by date.‘ So you get little or no response. You’re just not making an impact.
This, when in fact, your CV could be getting “WOWs.” Sending a razor sharp message. Shining the light on the “brilliant YOU” (you are brilliant, you are unique – we’ll figure out how/why together and then we’ll put it on show in your CV).
Your CV has one job:
… it should be landing you more interviews, more job offers, more often.
Which of These 7 CV Points
Do You Say “That’s Me” To?
- Your CV is outdated, it’s stale, you’re not proud to send it out.
- You just want personal, specialist CV help. You have better things to do.
- You’re too busy for the agony of writing it yourself?
- You have a unique situation requiring a more innovative approach?
- You’re just not getting your message across with a ‘cookie-cutter’, ‘typical’, ‘average’, ‘template’ type CV approach?
- You’re having trouble putting your ‘brilliance’ into words.
- You need to discuss your CV with a specialist, someone who’s done their “10 000” hours – or maybe “20 000” in career and CV matters.
If you need help, I’m here for you. I’ve done 20 000 hours writing CVs and recruiting people for major corporations. I analyse every word of your CV. I write every word. And I’ve been doing it for 10 years, since 2002.
GET PERSONAL HELP FROM AN EXPERT:
If it’s urgent, call or e-mail me now: Ph +27 0 83 744 5454 (mobile) or gerard [at] jobsearching.co.za – I’ll be happy to take your call any time.]
(Our first step in engaging is a quick personal discussion about your CV and how I can make a difference.)
Professional CV Writing:
This is How I Can Help
You need more job interviews and more job offers. You just want it to happen, you NEED it to happen. Fast. But what are you doing differently to get that different result? Are you willing to be bolder?
Having your CV writing and online presence done by a professional often is a great help. You cut a lot of the frustration out. And you end up with a more professional document that gets better, quicker results for you.
The thing is, your current Curriculum Vitae or CV is probably boring :-(. It’s not giving you the promotional ‘punch’ you deserve. And you’re not alone. The fact is … most CVs are boring.
But really … your CV and online profile is your first impression. It can be a powerful, hard-hitting document that bashes down doors of opportunity for you. Or it can make you look really average – perhaps with a long, drawn out job hunt the direct result.
Here’s why my professional CV writing service may be a good choice for you:
I write Curriculum Vitae’s for Managing Directors, Professionals, CEO’s, and Engineers from all sorts of backgrounds – so I’m confident I can help you too. Here’s a quick look at my profile:
- I have a background in corporate recruiting (for Old Mutual, Shell, Caltex, Deloitte and more), am a student of advertising copywriting and sales (these are critical skills in the CV writing process.)
- My job hunting and CV advice has been published on Career Junction, PNet, and IOL. And in Financial Mail, Business Day, The Star Workplace, The Argus Job Shop and I’ve been interviewed on SAfm, 702 Talk Radio and 567 Cape Talk, and Radio 2000.
- I make a living writing CVs that sell. I don’t delegate the work. I don’t use a one size-fits-all template. I work with you personally to get your CV just right (ie give you the competitive edge, make you look really good, help you make an impact with employers, and ultimately get the job.) Read testimonials to the right here ==>>
- And I guarantee my work: I will work on your CV until it gets results for you. And if after 6 weeks of using your new CV there’s no significant increase in job interviews (unlikely!) let’s discuss, I’ll support you, I’ll do whatever I can to assist.
This may not be for you.
This is for your protection. And mine:
- If you’re looking for something old school,
- with your name in big bold type and in scrolls,
- that begins with your “Personal Details,”
- followed by your “Secondary School Details,”
- a CV that has long lists of your “Responsibilities”
… then my service may NOT be right for you.
- if you’re willing to step outside your comfort zone,
- if you feel it’s time to ‘push the envelope’ in your efforts to market yourself,
- if you’re willing to take a bolder, fresher, more to the point approach in which you distinguish yourself (in a competitive and cluttered job market, not a bad idea!);
- if you view yourself as a ‘business’; if you want to present yourself as a ‘business solution’ to a company (whether you’re a PA or CEO) – even though you’re employed
… then you’re the kind of person I enjoy dealing with. You’re the reason I do what I do. And together we’ll get great results. My service IS for you.
Expert Curriculum Vitae / Resume Writing-Service Details
Here’s what you’ll get when you enlist me to write your CV:
- My service offers you a strategic CV – where we go deeply into your background, skills and achievements in order to present the very best information to help take your career forward.
- I’ll sort through pages and pages of your past experience, reference letters, testimonials, job descriptions, personality profiles and performance appraisals and deciding what could be used to make a big impression in your CV.
- I’ll distill all that information into 2 or 3 power packed pages that represent the best of you – the content most likely to get favorable attention and response.
- And if you request it, I’ll do a review of your online presence – for eg. revamping your LinkedIn profile, or setting up your own dedicated web page, showcasing who you are and what you stand for.
Key features include:
- An analysis of performance appraisals and personality or psychological profiles – with a view to including information that adds credibility to your profile.
- Every word on the page is carefully considered and every sentence re-written to simplify and ensure a ‘punchy’ easily scanable read that makes an impact.
- In addition to that, I’ll identify any negative situations in your career and with you decide on a strategy to minimize the possible damage in perception these situations can create if not handled with care.
- We’ll also delve a little into what surrounds your professional life – your interests and personal achievements – these can often provide a freshness and interest to a sometimes dry document.
- Something else I spend a lot of time on is to come up with a clear, powerful value statement. This kind of statement provides a short, sharp, effective insight into your skill and value and importantly the benefit you provide. It conveys focus and clarity of thought on your part to a reader.
- I do background research, for example into companies you’ve worked for (who’s trusted you before?), or companies you want to work for (what do they value most?) and of course into technical terminology (to keep it simple).
- A key consideration is to be concise and to the point. This requires extensive work on my end to be brief but to still convey depth of experience and value.
- You also have access to me to help guide you in your job hunt – regarding cover letters (I’ll edit yours or even write it), what works in the job market, how to answer tough interview questions, what to expect and how to deal with the many challenges the market presents.
Professional CV / Resume Writing Fees
I don’t offer a cheap service here – there are enough other services offering that. I work with people who are serious about their careers and who want the best help available.
The fee is based on your level of earnings and seniority. The more the earnings and seniority, the more complex the task and the higher the fee.
There are 3 options below: 1) Local / South Africa fees in ZAR; 2) International Fees in US$ (I have clients in the USA, UK, Aus, NZ, Middle East, and elsewhere); and 3) Executive option (a full suite of services).
1) Regular Local (South Africa) Fees:
[No VAT is applicable.]
Students & new graduates with no work experience.
■ Level 1:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are less than R20,000 (per month).
■ Level 2:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between R20,000 & R34,999 (per month)
■ Level 3:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between R35,000 & R54,999 (per month)
■ Level 4:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between R55,000 & R74,999 (per month)
■ Level 5:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between R75,000 & R94,999 (per month)
■ Level 6:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are more than R95,000 (per month)
■ LinkedIn Profile (when with a CV)
Revamp: R350 New: R500
■ LinkedIn Profile (standalone / if you only want a LinkedIn.com profile)
2) International (Intl.) US$ Fees (payments via PayPal):
■ Intl. Student:
Students & new graduates with no work experience
■ Intl. Level 1:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are- less than US$3,000 (per month)
■ Intl. Level 2:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between US$3,000 & US$5,999 (per month)
■ Intl. Level 3:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between US$6,000 & US$9,999 (per month)
■ Intl. Level 4:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are between US$10,000 & US$13,999 (per month)
■ Intl. Level 5:
Your monthly earnings before deductions are above US$14,000 (per month)
■ LinkedIn Profile (when with a CV)
Revamp: US$45 New: US$55
■ LinkedIn Profile (standalone / if you only want a LinkedIn.com profile)
3) Executive Option – what’s in this option / package?
■ Personal brand definition, information gathering and articulation.
■ CV – total re-write, incorporating personal brand elements.
■ LinkedIn page – set up and/or revamp.
■ Domain set up – eg. www.YourName.com for personal email – directing email centrally to your Gmail account for ease of use (a simple personal website can also be added for an additional fee).
■ Preferential access to me, Gerard, to discuss job search, interview strategies, to act as a sounding board (it’s often hard to have these discussions with friends, colleagues due to confidentiality), to write cover letters, etc.
R4,000 / US$420
Additional versions of a CV are R350.00 | US$40 each (eg. if your primary focus is for an Engineer position but you’re also interested in a Sales role then you’ll need an additional sales version).
Updates are R350.00 | US$40 each (previous clients only).Whatever your level – you’ve got me using all my job market, corporate, marketing and copy writing knowledge to help you. And I’ll work on it until you’re happy.
Order Your New CV Here
Follow these instructions: Simply send an e-mail to me at email@example.com.
And in the e-mail please supply the following:
- Your name and contact details (phone/email/mobile).
- Please attach your old CV so I have some background info.
- Indicate your current position and company if applicable.
- Please also state the kind of job titles you’re going to be applying for.
Then wait for my contact – I try to be quick.
Please note that due to high demand and because I design and write your CV myself, I cannot offer a same-day service. When I make contact we will discuss your time constraints and I’ll discuss the time slots I have available. Currently delivery is running at around 7-10 working days – please discuss your needs with me, there are times it can take longer (or shorter).
Contact me now as per instructions above – or read on to get a deeper insight into what makes a great CV.
Writing Your Own CV is a Tough Job
You’ve probably spent many hours on it. Somehow, writing your CV (and getting it right) is just one of those really awkward, difficult things to do. You agonise over the details:
- “What do I include?” “What do I exclude?” “Is it too long or too short?”
- “How can I convey my true value as a person?”
- “What’s the right format?”
- “How can I sell myself without sounding arrogant?”
Or you may just be saying, “I don’t have time for this!!”
It can be confusing and time consuming.
Mike is perhaps a typical example:
He decided to find a new job. So he made a few calls in answer to adverts and all he heard was “send your CV”. In a hurry he sat down in his lunch break to quickly update his CV – and he got stuck! He seemed to go around in circles – not knowing quite how to phrase things, or how to present himself so he would stand out. He ended up shelving it. And 3 months down the line, it was the same all over again.
Like Mike, many get stuck trying to deal with stuff like this:
- They’ve got a lot of diverse experience/expertise and if they include it all their CV will go to something like 10 pages or more. Or they may be totally new to the job market.
- They’ve had 3 jobs in the last 2 years.
- They’ve had 40 years work experience.
- They’re changing career and need to break into a new field.
Getting it right is complicated! Frustrating. Difficult. And you can add the problems of getting the word processing, spelling, and grammar right. Also the understanding of how a Curriculum Vitae gets read and the psychology of the reader.
So sometimes it’s the best choice to get professional help. It can be a turning point in your search for a better job. Your CV can literally bash down doors of opportunity OR just get you lost in the crowd.
CV Writing Benefits I Promise to Help You Get
- Your CV will be concise, clear – not cluttered with too much information.
- Your CV will sell you as a ‘brand’ – someone who delivers a specific benefit.
- Your CV will be ‘different’ – more professional and crafted to grab attention.
- Your CV will reflect a little of who you are – why you’re special.
- Your CV will be easy to read, easy to scan and after just half a page the reader will know what you can deliver and why you’re a great candidate.
- Your CV will smooth the way for better more focussed interviews. Yes, here’s a often forgotten fact: all the way through the hiring process your CV paves the way before you. It sets the tone. It can mean the difference between being treated positively and being treated as “just another candidate.”
Ok. That’s it. See the ordering instructions above to take it further or just contact me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional CV Writing WARNINGS!
If you’re considering a professional CV writing service then here are just a few additional considerations for you to think on – I’ll call them “CV Health Warnings.”
CV Writing Testimonials
What others have said about my CV writing services.
CV Writing Tests
Test how good and effective your existing CV is.